Sunday, October 13, 2013

Just a run through the woods

There is no other place like the mountains of North Carolina.  Running is my meditation, time when I can be alone with my thoughts, some great music, and beautiful sights.  Here's some views from the road today.
 Things like this make me stop and pause - Beautiful colors of fire while the cool air surrounds, I continue on.
 The leaves look like they will fall quickly this year from so much rain.  I am blessed with this vista as I start a hill climb, it gives me energy to keep going.
 But the view from the top makes it so worth it.  The clouds moved slowly across our ridge, touching the trees as they went.  Some run for the sport - I run for the sights.
 I even had a visitor.  He didn't move as I got closer and closer to him, snapping pictures along the way.  Only once I had passed did I see the Doe and the baby down the hill and out of sight but under his protection.
It may not have been my fastest run but sometimes when you slow down and really look, you can see beauty all around you.

Be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment