Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ANOTHER Black Hole

In my family, we have these places called Black Holes - where you enter said establishment, and a while later finally stumble out with a shopping cart full of shit wondering how that huge dent got into your wallet?

I found another one today - Michaels Craft Store.

My sons asked for a Rainbow Loom - yes, they have jumped on that bandwagon as it sped by and want to make bracelets out of what looks like braces rubber bands for their friends.  That my friend, is a whole new blog post.  They wanted this Rainbow Loom - 16.99 and exclusively at Michaels.

I noticed a different smell as I entered the store - was that?  Pumpkin Spice?  Immediately I am confronted by the display of Pumpkin Spice Candles, Pumpkin Spice Wax Melts, Pumpkin Spice Car fresheners - well, it's that the smell of the season?  I add a few to my cart.

The Rainbow Looms are hidden behind the How to Use The Rainbow Loom books, the unique storage case for your Rainbow Loom and tools AND the new sets of BLING to add to the bracelets as you create them.  Who am I to not boost the creativity of my children as I add a few bags of braces rubberbands, some bling - then tell myself I am being frugal because I am NOT buying them the unique carrying case----they can use the unique Silly Band carrying case they still have from the silly band phase.

In order to exit the store, you must walk down one aisle, up another past all the wonderful sights and smells of Michaels.

I added some blue and gold silk cloth with different color jewels for a project I have in my mind.

I thought, "How wonderful if I buy these 200 packs of blank cards and envelopes, then this wonderful celtic shamrock stamp to create my own line of stationary for all the handwritten notes I plan to write?"



"Oh, and who can pass up the LIVE, LOVE, LAUGHTER stamp to go with it because isn't that my motto?  And, I must add the ink pads for the stamps, and LOOK, here's a professional set of pens - what writer can live without THAT?"

I feel a tickle in my throat and pick up a bag of cough drops as I stand in line for the cashier then a bottle of water because shopping can just wear you out.

My 16.99 dollar loom cost me 78.94 in the long run.

Problem is....

When am I going to find the time to great the unique gold and blue thingy I have in my head.  And seriously, am I really going to make and stamp my own cards when I send only emails now?

And did I look or did it say in big letters that the loom came with bands?  What are we going to do with 4200 bands when neither boy has braces yet?

I think that Pumpkin Spice smell in Michaels was laced with LSD causing all of us women in there to walk around like zombies throwing as much shit as we can into our carts.

Yup, a black hole that grabs your wallet, holds you hostage for a few days then dumps you with a cart full of crap you eventually hide in your hoarder closet because you feel guilty you didn't create that beautiful card.

Don't hold your breath if you waiting on a LIVE, LOVE LAUGHTER stamped card from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment