Friday, January 10, 2014

WTF - Spotted Dick?

Best way to go on a diet is to change the way you eat.

I was a at dinner party where the talk went around English food.  We had a wonderful Yorkshire Pudding for the first time, delicious with it's onion sauce and gravy.

Then they asked if I've ever had Spotted Dick.

Conversation stopped.

I tried to remember that time when Jeff caught that strange flu in Mexico when we were on a cruise.  He had a temperature and spots all over his body.  Oh wait, he was sick if I remember, was not in the mood.

"No, I've never had spotted dick," I replied looking around the room, "Have you?"

His wife perked up, "Why I love spotted dick especially when it is covered in custard."

I close my mouth, first in sympathy for her, then second what if I catch something from her?



"I like the one that comes in a can," her husband adds.

"Comes in a can," I squeak out.

"Yes, it's especially spongy with a few surprises in there," he says.

"Yes, and the more custard the better, especially if it is room temperature," his wife adds.

"It's easy to make a Spotted Dick," He says.

"First you have to grease everything up.

Then you whip it hard

Add in some flavorings

And let things heat up.

Just as it is about to go, dial it down a notch to keep things simmering.

Finally, when it done, take the custard whip it until smooth and pour it over it."

His wife sighs, "I like my Spotted Dick in a can.  That way I can microwave it."

Just as I am about to say that I'm on a diet and cannot eat anymore, they say:

"But we have Blackberry Cobbler, would you like some?"

PS.  I went ahead and googled Spotted Dick on Amazon and not only is it available for purchase, but those that purchased Spotted Dick also purchased:

Grace Cock Flavored Soup
Super Dickmans that go well with Spotted Dick.
And of course, my favorite

Megapussi

Hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment