Monday, January 20, 2014

What Do You Love About Life

My 9 year old's question was the great way to start a lazy school holiday morning.




What do you love about life?

Tell me what you think, I replied back.

He looked out the window and came up with a list that impressed me.

Snow
Family
Shawnee
Mine Craft
Snow Days
Mountain Biking
God
Spongebob.

I love that his list reminded me, KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

So here's my list of things I love in life:

1.  2 hour delays from school

2.  Fresh snow on a crisp winter morning.

3.  Standing on top of a mountain and looking out - that feeling of being so small.

4.  A favorite song on the radio and reminds me of a special time.

5.  That feeling when I am falling in love with my characters in my writing.
6.  That feeling of gratitude that invades my soul and gives me peace.

7.  Making my friends laugh and watch their faces relax.

8.  Going for a walk and being surprised by some creature - a red tail hawk flying in front of me, a deer in the meadow.

9.  Hanging out with my family, telling stories.

10.  Life itself.

The list is short.  The list is free.  But the list is priceless.

Be reminded today that the things that are important, the things that you love in life.

Well, those things are free.

OK, except maybe the dog after my last vet bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment