Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to REALLY look at those 100 calorie packs!

I’m having one of those moments when I have a nice long conversation with myself. I’ve already had 6 of the cookies in the pack and according to the nutrition label, I’ve had one serving. Who determines one serving? Do they have normal women like myself sitting around eating cookies waiting until the button on the front of their pants pops off then say, “There we go, that’s one serving.”


Cookie, cake, and now candy companies are making it easier for us with 100 calorie packs. I open my favorite cookie company’s 100 calorie pack happy I’m not staring at an open package. Inside there are two cookies. What? You’ve got to be kidding me? A serving? My husband laughs and says, “Man what a rip off. At least you’ll know that you’ve eaten 500 calories when you finish off the rest of the packages.”

I try to forget what constitutes a serving as I get disgusted with myself and hide the open package of cookies where I can’t find it. Fifteen minutes later and I find it (Hmmm) and eat another for good luck. Another hour will pass and I finally convince myself that if I just eat the rest of the package and vow never to buy cookies again, that’s the best way to control my weight.

What’s your take on the 100 calorie packs, fact for fiction?

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Pistachios. 1/2 a cup (with shells) is one serving (120 calories). I have vowed to eat the bag as quickly as possible. Out-of-site=out-of-mind. Oh Pistachios! Just when i think i am out, they pull me back in!

    ReplyDelete