Monday, January 24, 2011

How to look pregnant....

I decided that I wanted something different, so I went with the trendy t-shirt, enjoying the swirl of the soft fabric. It was the Princess bodice, a little tight at the top then flowing down in a dress type way to just below my hip. I wore that shirt all day, enjoying the T-shirt and feeling like a princess until walking out to get the mail, sure it was freezing but I was digging the trendy shirt.


My neighbor came out and waved, looked at me, then waved again. Now we are not the closest of neighbors, the waves hello the small talk at the mailbox. She looked at me strange again and started to walk towards me.

“What?”

“Let me come up to you first.” She walked across the lawn to my drive way and realization hit me smack in the face as I noticed she was looking at my belly.

“Uh, no I’m not pregnant.” I said, immediately hating the trendy t-shirt.

“Oh OK, I wasn’t sure and since you were pregnant over the winter with your last child, I didn’t really know until I saw you with another baby!”

We laughed about it, talked about the upcoming snow day (maybe) and then I excused myself by saying, "I'm freezing my bottom off!". Before the boys came home from school , I went upstairs and took off that ultra comfy shirt and switched it for something less comfortable but not PREGNANT looking! That shirt now sits in a drawer as I determine its fate!

Do you have one of those fashion trends that turns into trump for you? What are your thoughts about these flowing T-shirts?  Do you buck fashion trends and choose to look Pregnant?

1 comment:

  1. Still in the 'I would rather people think I look pregnant than look fat' stage .. baby dolls rocks :)

    ReplyDelete