Sunday, April 28, 2013

Inspiring Blog? Uh, OK, I'll take it!

Many thanks to my new friend Zoe  (that's a hint to follow her blog, Rewritten), for nominating That Grey Area for Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  Inspiring?  Well, I'm not exactly sure about that but I'll take it anyway.  If I make one person laugh, then I feel like I've done my job.  So here goes, 7 things people don't know about me.

1.  I write torrid romances.  Yes, bodice ripping, tight bud of desire stuff and I LOVE IT.  I've always been a closet romantic and you'll find me hiding in there with a few of my favorite authors - Johanna Lindsey, Kathleen Woodwiss, JR Ward.

2.  I am not a true Southerner - I absolutely HATE okra.  I can stomach a few bites of grits, periodically taste Country Ham but the mushy runny inside of Okra is disgusting.

3.  I believe in Time, Talent, and Treasure.  When I don't have the treasure, I love helping others with Time and Talent.  This gets me into trouble with SO as I don't have as much time to clean a home or make a nutritious meal.  I've been known to throw Pop Tarts in as a child's lunch.

4.  I have no idea what the hell I am doing - but I'll keep acting like I do.  See, fooled you, didn't I?

5.  I love surrounding myself with people that are wide open, no filters.  Probably because I am not the most emotional person, so they do it for me.  I live emotionally through my characters, it's much easier that way.

6.  I still have my Mom's overnight kit from her last stay in the hospital under my bathroom sink.  Some part of me cannot get rid of it - lash curlers, mary kay makeup and floss.  I still miss her and my Dad every day.

7.  I steal my kids lunchbox desserts and eat them in secret - Twinkies, Butterscotch Krimpets, Candy Cakes.  I cannot help myself.

So now to go out and share some love.  Here's some fun blogs I've been following - though I really want to know how ya'll keep up with your reading - are you vampires or something?

Sisters From Another Mister - here  we have been friends for a really long time.  Nicole's views on life are not just beautifully written but very thoughtful.  Inspiring.

Finding Our Happy Pace - Here  Maria's beautiful photography make this blog inspiring, as well as watching her beautiful daughter grow up.

DeBie Hive - here - she is liberal, I am conservative but she always makes me think.  Another wide open person.

Chuck Wendig - here  this is a great blog about writing, no holds barred, and I love his writing challenges.

Parry Moppins - here  great recipes, DIY projects, and posts about life.

The Frog Blog - here I love running, Billy is an Ultra Runner (nut to some, hero to me) beautiful pictures, interesting posts.

Mod Mom - here  Funny and interesting.

Yeah, it's not much, but seriously who has time to read all this stuff AND get enough of a Facebook fix for the day??




1 comment:

  1. Fun answers! I really love your site (like a lunch packing ma loves twinkies). I am off to my moms for the day but will check out the other sites tonight. Congrats! Z~

    ReplyDelete