Friday, September 5, 2014

WTF - What was I thinking

Ever think, man that sounds like a good idea.....then two days later start having panic attacks about it?

Yep.  Sitting right in the middle of one.


I got the call from a friend of mine, I remember it distinctly:

"You're a runner right?"

"Yep."

"Want to run the Blue Ridge Relay with a team?"

"Sure sounds like a great idea!  Count me in!"

Here's why I should have thought about this.


I don't know a single person on my team.  I'm the last minute throw in.

Don't ever go and google Blue Ridge Relay because it will turn out like webMD, you'll find all kinds of articles about cramping, and water, and running, and getting suicidal on the way.

What happened to all the energy gels I had sitting around the house?

Oh great, and now it is pouring.

So I'm lacing up my shoes, hoping that people I don't know will recognize who I am as someone hands a baton to me for my first leg of the run.

Heaven help me.

Next time slap me when someone starts a conversation with, "You're a runner right?

No comments:

Post a Comment