Friday, March 28, 2014

WTF - Tag You're It!

So I'm happily stalking all my friends on Facebook, when all of a sudden a red notification button appears.

"So and So has tagged you in a photo."

Oh.

No.

Immediately my mind goes back to what I did last night.

I was cool.  I think.  Nothing crazy.

Oh wait, I was dancing, wasn't I?

Immediately I go to the picture.  Hoping it was not from the night before because, and I have to pull all the cuss words out of what I was saying to myself, "I wasn't wearing the most flattering outfit benefitting a picture of tagment on the Book of Face."

My computer sensing my discomfort that there is some picture out there in the stratosphere of me that I cannot get to, immediately decides that my wireless router will not work when I am just pulling up the picture that has my name screaming all over the internet.

NOOOOOO!!

I have to go and reboot the router.  Wait the agonizing 15 seconds to replug it in, wondering if I should just jump on the hot spot of my phone because....

God, what is the picture and what I am doing???????

I am praying the it is some inspirational prayer about trees and nothing to worry about.  But only I know what I have been doing with my friends lately, and I cannot tell you how many of them have smart phones.

They mean well.

"Oh look, here's a picture of Kelly in the 176 pictures I uploaded from Alex's 2nd version of his 15th birthday party."

No one thinks before they tag, important things like:

Well, doesn't Kelly look like a fat cow in this one.
Oh look, Kelly's boobs are falling out of her shirt, is that a nipple I see?
Wait a minute, is that a donkey behind Kelly, who's tongue is, in the picture, in a very appropriate place.
Who is that girl standing inappropirately close to Kelly and why is she staring at her like that.

No, they go ahead and load a photo, tag me in it and don't think of the consequences.



Finally, the router comes back online, now I have to wait for the computer to catch up.  Facebook is like, "Oh I'm sorry, is this important to you?  Well, we've changed our algorhythms so that you cannot see it!"

I'm searching wondering if the one time my friend took her phone into the bathroom at that bar resulted in the photo, when the photo finally pops up.

Oh, wait.  Look it's one from when I am seventeen.

Dayum, I look pretty hot.

And skinny.

And when did I have those legs.

All that worry over nothing.  I guess I'll leave the tag.

Just as I sigh in relief, a second notification pops up on my screen.

Nicole Morgan has tagged you in a photo.

Oh shit, she lives in South Florida.

It could be a bathing suit photo.

Facebook says, "Oh, now is the perfect time to SLLLOOOOWWWW DDDOOOWWWNNN."

No comments:

Post a Comment