Saturday, March 29, 2014

How do you get 3 boys to a destination.....

Things that will happen when traveling with boys.  2 flights 2+ hours each.

One of my children went walking by with bulging pockets after casually passing by the hostess stand of the restaurant.  Me standing with my hands on my hips watching him empty 62 mints back in to the bowl.

Amazing what boys can do when they are excited to trash a hotel room:
One was jumping from bed to bed while I was trying to have a conversation with my hubby.
The other was in the one and only bathroom of the hotel room for a VERY long time.
A third was constantly knocking on the door trying to get the second one out of said bathroom.

So we make our 650am flight, hauling 4 ski bags (they resemble body bags) along with 3 other rolling bags, back packs and one purse.  

I always laugh watching my husband loose it when trying to control everyone checking in.  Max is doing 360's by the ticketing kiosks, Matthew is wrestling Wolfgang, and I am acting like I don't know anyone. 

Jeff hands everyone their boarding pass and within 5 seconds of giving them their boarding pass, Max has already lost his.  I just walk away while Jeff is lecturing about being responsible and taking care of your things.

We go to the club and Matthew smashes Max in the elevator, all three boys disappear into the men's room of the club for a VERY long time.  I'm mortified when I watch the cleaning lady go in behind them - she doesn't know what she is in for.

On the plane because my husband is preferred status, American offered him a complimentary drink and complimentary snacks for the family.

The boys, "Wow, we get FOOD on this FLIGHT!  I guess we didn't need to put all those mints from the hotel in our pockets to feed us."

The flight attendant, comes up to me, "MRS. MELANG, YOUR HUSBAND HAS A COMPLIMENTARY DRINK, HE SAYS YOU WANT IT.  DO YOU WANT A DRINK?"

I almost want to whisper to her, "Jeez lady, it's 730am do you have to announce to the whole plane that I get a FREE DRINK."

Oh she doesn't stop there, "WE CAN GET YOU A MIMOSA OR A BLOODY MARY WHAT TYPE OF DRINK DO YOU WANT?  WE HAVE WINE AND VODKA AND WHISKEY."

I see everyone on the plane looking at me, then they look over at the three boys and full understanding dawns on them.  I whisper to her what I want.

"OH A BLOODY MARY IT IS, JEAN CAN YOU GET MRS. MELANG A BLOODY MARY?"

And you wonder why at 7am I am drinking a bloody mary, here's why:




Oh and add SOMEONE having gas the entire one hour drive, stinking up the car.  Jeff and I went shopping and when we went to put everything in the back of the car, the boys had farted so much in the car that opening the trunk it felt like it farted in our face!

But their excitement makes all the mishaps bearable as I see them start to quiver when we drive through  the mountains and get first look at the ski resorts.  I think I am ready for this.


If I don't survive the 9 days, look for me buried underneath a snow drift-----but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment