Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What is that noise? A Nightmare After Christmas!

It's out there, that phantom noise that starts at 2:46 in the morning.

Your First thought, "What is that?"

Then you lie there thinking about it.  "It's just some random toy."

"I'll find it when I wake up."

"Why does it make that noise?"

"I wonder if it will stop."

"What type of pattern is the noise?"

"Are the batteries running low?"

"How long until it shuts off?"

Finally you can't stand it any more, you get up walk down to the wreckage that once was your Christmas tree and look at the pile of loot.  It's not giving up any information as the noise sounds behind you in the children's playroom.

"Dang.  It's in the black hole, how will I find it in there?"

"I'll just go back to bed, they'll find it when they wake up."

"There is it again, what is that?"

You trip over the baseball bat, picking it up thinking, "Once I find that piece of #%$^, it's pulverized."

"There is goes again, where is it!!"

Finally under a pile of stuffed toys you find the stupid thing, a electronic game sitting open to the "Pause/Resume" screen.  FINALLY!

"Mom, why are you holding my game?"

You look up and there's your little one getting ready to witness you smashing their new toy, freshly delivered from Santa Claus  How much therapy would that create?

"Nothing honey, go back to bed."

Finally the house is quiet, you're staring at the ceiling, thinking, "I've got two more hours before I have to be up."


"What is that noise?"

2 comments:

  1. I was once tortured by a furby and hid it in a closet and forgot about it ... then it came on months later and scared the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Nicole! Now a days it is all the beeping from electronics!

    ReplyDelete