Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinterest - sucking on that great teat of my time!


Have you been over to Pinterest yet?  I’d say don’t go because it’s one of those black hole places on the Internet that is a huge mouth that sucks all the time out of your life.  “Oh look at this beautiful picture on Pinterest, what?  It’s already Christmas again?”  Of course, I have to tell you to go to Pinterest because then you’ll see all the COOL stuff I’ve found and put on my bulletin boards.
It started, just like any other new Internet site with a little peek in there, “wow look at this, oh, I could try that recipe, hey that’s a really funny quote.”  Pinterest like all the other sites, then sucks you in my creating a username for you and before you can say Pinterest, you’ve got an account.  It doesn’t stop there, I’m sure Pinterest is out in the blogesphere shouting, “Hey!  Did you see Kelly Melang is here?”  Because, the next day I start getting emails, “So and So is following you on Pinterest,  hey, another person in following you on Pinterest.”
Sidenote here:  I must be a pretty cool person to get so many followers on Pinterest so quickly right---you didn’t hear me say that.
So with over 60 friends following me, my first thought is not, “wow that’s a lot of followers” but “Holy Crap, my Pinterest boards are EMPTY.  I gotta get some Sh*t out there, I mean my following awaits!”
Here’s the second way Pinterest sucked on the great teat of time, you can spend the rest of your lift looking for badges, or making badges to make your board look COOL!  
“Did you see that eggshell craft Maria put up on her board?”
I think, “Really, a crummy eggshell craft, didn’t you see the making your own ink and paper craft on MY board?”
My other friend, “I saw a funny quote, ‘Run like you stole it.”
“THAT’S FUNNY?  I could so shut that board down with the quotes sitting on MY favorite quotes and places board.”
So I figured that 5 Hour Energy was created to help us Pinterest freaks, it helps us through that maniacal hour of trying to find just the right pin for my “In My Mind” board that makes it PERFECT!  Buwahahahah!
So pin away friends, and if you haven’t seen Pinterest yet, get ready for the great sucking noise as you log in as time slips away, but don’t forget to check out my AWESOME board!  Are you letting Pinterest suck away on your teat of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment