Friday, January 27, 2012

Nothing Like Cheap Sunglasses


If you don’t spend a lot of money on an item, you’ll always find it.  Case in point, my $2 pair of sunglasses from the Dollar Store (yeah, I know how could they be $2 at a DOLLAR store, right?) that I think are possessed.
I bought them one SUNNY afternoon when I forgot my $100 Oakleys and didn’t want to have a traffic accident.  They are a lovely white glasses with purple circles on them that at first glance could be called hideous.  Many of my friends I saw that day took a second take, not at the stylish outfit I was wearing but why I chose such an ugly pair of glasses to go with it.
The $100 pair of Oakleys?  Disappeared, the ugly pair took my cool pair and hid them from me.  Whenever the sun is shining, I reach into my purse looking for a pair of glasses and there they are, the black albatross that I put on my face.  Running out of the house, the ugly pair of glasses appear next to my car keys when I could have sworn I saw the nice pair of sunglasses on my child’s face as he walked by me.  The ugly pair is holding the cool pair hostage in some dark corner of the house-duct tapped and handcuffed.
I don’t care about fashion (that’s what makes me stylish) so I wear the Dollar Store glasses with pride hell, usually-it’s all I got, except for the one time (at band camp) they actually MATCHED what I was wearing.  Oh, I did find the Oakleys, they were in my car when I sat on them-I think the Dollar Store glasses put them there.  Buwahahah
Do you have that hideous, cheap pair of reading, I mean sunglasses that you can always find?  Or are you still holding out hope that the expensive pair will show up again?

No comments:

Post a Comment