Tuesday, February 16, 2016

WTF - How to handle snow days.

We moved to the mountains for snow, so there's no complaining here.  After a crappy December of NO SNOW, Mother Nature took pity on us.

Day 1 - Very happy that the school decided to call at 545am to call school. Watching the weather the night before and 6-8 inches told me we wouldn't have school anyway.  Can't get back to sleep.

Day 2 - Tell the kids they should try reading for 20 minutes each day. Youngest son pulled out a math snow day packet.  They were quiet downstairs, found them both napping amidst empty cookie boxes and pretzel bags.


Day 3 - Boys arguing so much, I sent them out to shovel. Whatever they could find. They shoveled a path to their ramp and rail, left the steps untouched. On their way out to shovel, my gloves, hat and sock bins exploded all over the downstairs.

Day 4 - youngest son has lost the math packet, I hope I didn't use it to start the fire.  Slipped and busted my ass on the unshoveled steps.  Locked both boys out of the house until the steps are shoveled. Amazingly all my sock, hat and glove bins exploded all over the downstairs.

Day 5 - Someone moved the xBox and Black Ops game upstairs while I was looking for the math packet. The shoveled steps now have a thin coat of ice on them, busted my ass again. (secretly counting bottles of wine and calculating what's needed before I can get to the store)

THE WEEKEND!  Couldn't sleep in because it was time to ski!

Day 6 - At least they called school the night before.  Netflix sent me a congratulatory letter for most hours watched while my iWatch is reminding me every 15 minutes that I am supposed to stand!

Day 7 - 3 hour delay, we all are kind of breathing a sigh of relief because I am quickly figuring out why some mothers eat their young.  Oh wait, school got called.  Let's make Rice Krispy Treats for breakfast.

Thank God we have a ski resort close, sending everyone over there.

How many bottles of wine are left?

No comments:

Post a Comment