Thursday, February 25, 2016

WTF - Facebook you Changed!!

Facebook has unveiled their new emoticons  for "reacting" to posts.  Many commenting that they are glad there is a "love" button, others saying they haven't gone far enough.

My emotional status has changed with the addition of these emoticons.  It used to be easy.

I look at a post on Facebook, I think about the profound words spoken,

"I like this," I say as I click the button.

I look at a political post on Facebook, I think about the profound words written and I simply scroll by because it is either, too long, not my view point, or I have no idea what the author is talking about.

Many of my friends know that I do not comment on much stuff, because when I "like" it then people know that I am actually on Facebook.

Now, the plot thickens, and decisions get difficult:

I look at a post and have a full conversation with myself"

"So, do I like or do I love this post.  If I love this post then it puts it above other posts, how would those people feel about all those posts that I simply liked.

Should I post an explanation that now I can LOVE posts instead of just LIKING them, that way anything done earlier than today is different?

Would I offend someone if I WOW instead of LOVE the post? What if they come back and ban be after not loving their post.

What if I react to something as HA HA, would they think I am laughing at them instead of laughing at what they post? Maybe if I go back and LOVE the post then the HA HA I originally put in would wear off?

Life was simple when there was a LIKE button. You either liked something or didn't. Now with all the crazy people on the Crackbook, there is so much more behind the different emoticons for reacting to post.

Things like:

Why did she only LIKE my post.  Didn't she see how hilarious this is, that I should have a WOW button on this one or better yet a LOVE button?

Oh my God, she LOVED my post, can't she see that I am mourning a lost boyfriend?  Who could LOVE this?

Why did she say WOW with my weight loss?  Is it a WOW because I look good or a WOW, it doesn't look like you lost anything at all. I'm going over and DISLIKING everything she's posted.

Why did that girl LOVE what my boyfriend posted?  Are they an item?

See it is great that you can now "react" more to Facebook posts, but we can't put Pandora back in the box now that it is open, now can we?

Of course they missed the most important Facebook Emoticons:

NOPE

WHHHAAAATTTTT?

CAN OF WHOOPASS

MEH

AWW, HELLO NO

Oh and the important one:

NOONE CARES.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't see any like, love or wow buttons for your blog post! I like it, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete