Saturday, December 26, 2015

WTF - My iWatch Activity

Got a cool new gift this Christmas, the small version of the iWatch.  Basically, it connects to my phone and lets me use stuff on my phone on my wrist.

Setting up the watch, I found the Activity App, or what I call the Health Nazi. It asked me questions I'd only tell to my therapist.

How old are you?  There is no option for "Old enough to know better" or maybe, "21 plus change" I wondered what it would do if I lied telling it how I feel, a strong solid 35 years old.

What is your weight? Why does it need to know this, who is gathering this information in cyberspace laughing as I put in my goal weight, then not allowing me to save?

Are you male or female?  Well that was an easy one.

Now how do I hide that information from everyone else?


My watch beeped.

Stand notification. "Time to Stand and Move Around for One Minute"

What?

Going back to the directions, Stand Notification remind me I haven't physically moved in an hour.

I look at the watch.  "Stand? But it's Christmas Day, there's egg nog in my hand."

I finally figured out if I stand up and run in place for 60 seconds, I can fool the watch relaxing for another hour on the couch with my Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Another beep from the watch.

Move Notifications.  First it wants me to stand, now it wants me to move.

I AM moving. I got up and walked from the couch to the kitchen then back to the couch again. The mess the kids made in the kitchen got my heart rate up effectively telling the watch I moved.  The mess the kids made effectively burned 147.6 calories.

Finally, the Exercise Ring - reminding me to exercise daily. Exercise to my watch means a step up from walking up the steps.  I read as you wear the watch, it learns from your movements, so my early Christmas Morning wake up call counted for something, I think. It says I burned a few calories.

So it tells me when to move, watch what I eat, and get off my ass.  I'm not sure this is a positive relationship in my life, and that thought process burned a few calories.

Wait, what's this? Count the amount of alcohol you consume?

Things have gone too far.



No comments:

Post a Comment