Thursday, December 31, 2015

WTF - Closing the book on 2015, hello 2016


All kinds of advice is floating around the stratosphere on the New Year. Can you do 2016 sit ups in 2016, 2016 miles 2016, 2016 stairs in 2016?  The gyms fill up for a month, maybe two, then things settle back into their usual routines, while all of us wait patiently for the new memberships to lapse still doing what we did in 2015. This year, I'm compiling a list of "Don't s" that I plan on doing for the new year.

Simple but effective:

1.  I will not let others define who I am, I take that job personally. Pleasing others has become as 2015 as the clicker remote control. We are on different journeys in life, I'm happy with mine and ready to move forward.

2.  I will not let go of my peace.  Too many things daily try to intrude on your peace, TV's, Internet, Teenagers, Dog poop. If it is in my control to ignore it (except the dog poop) I'm letting that shit go and move on with my life.

3.  I will not be quiet.  If you don't understand me, don't agree with me, don't like me, the world is a big place, take up residence elsewhere.

4.  I will not take things to heart. It's too easy to let criticism dampen what you are doing. Sure it hurts, but like everything else coming your way, there's a lesson in there, learn it and move on.

5.  I will not quit. Harper Lee got her publishing contract at 60. Lord, please let it not be 60, I'm planning on this year.

6.  I will not get sucked into drama. If you don't like something, move on. If I don't like something, I'll move on. Seems pretty simple, remember, once you stop and open your mouth nothing is helping you put the words back in.

7.  I will not be still.  I am in charge of my happiness, therefore I know what makes me happy. If I want to do it, I'm going to do it.  It's too each getting caught up in taking care of everyone ignoring yourself. I'm adding myself to my list.  Maybe even moving my name up a few notches.

8. I will not lie. If you are beautiful and I tell you, then believe it. If you need a helping hand and I offer, the offer is real. If I bring you close, let's be friends.

9.  I will not take the low road. I believe in peace and positivity, I choose the path of light. I choose reasons to be grateful, not reasons to complain.

10.  I will not hide.  I am not afraid to be amazing and will not hide. So come along on a beautiful 2016 ride.

Ready to hit the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment