Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WTF - Getting Lost in Social Media - Not me!

Wow, what's up with all the drama parading around the internet. I mean who cares who Luke and Laura are (damn, have I dated myself there?) when you have plenty of social media buzz to keep you busy. I come to my social media for the funny videos and jokes, not the vitrol. In order to stay "friends" I'm coming clean with things I will not do:

I'm not clicking on the See More portion of any more posts, especially if they are religious or political in nature. Listen, we all know you are stating your own opinions, but if I'm bored after two sentences, I'm not reading any more.

I will not click "like if I agree. I may agree, I may not, but who's business is it anyway?

I will not comment or like anything of yours if you have over 2000 friends, because then I get notification after notification on your political comment.

I've stopped sharing bizarre stories. Sorry folks, the gold plated testicle story, the twerking with the guy in the coffin, to the sex toy that deposits alien eggs in your body, they are not REAL.  Seriously people, check if your story is real before demanding my attention.  At least the people living in the attic of Walmart was real.

Clicking on anything that takes me to those damn sites making you click through pictures along with pop up ads. You will be removed from the friends list if you share that black hole and I accidentally fall down it.

Like your picture on Facebook when I've already liked it on Instagram, takes too much time.

Take the quiz you shared on "What color represents my life?"

By the way, it is gold.

Sit and watch the video you shared of something yummy being made, I think all these videos are making me fat.

Let any of your religious or political posts change my mind. It may make you feel better to say it but it's not changing any minds.

So post things I want to see, pictures of your kids, your family.

Add in a good dose of funny stuff. Jokes, memes, things we all want to see.

Oh and all those cute bunny, kitten and hedgehog videos.  I'm definitely clicking on those.

Better yet, tell me something I want to know, like this.....thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment