Saturday, February 14, 2015

Six Phrases that are Better Than "I Love You"

Happy Valentine's Day, a day for lovers.  When you've been married as long as I've been, sometimes you don't need the "I love you."  You'd rather hear:

6.  I cleaned out the dish washer.
5.  You pick the movie tonight.
4. Honey, let me stop and ask for directions.
3. I saved you the last bit of brownie.
2. Folded the clothes sitting on the sofa for three days.
1. I cleaned the boys bathroom for you.

How do I know I've got a good one?

When I am naked in the tub, scrubbing the grime off the walls, and he walks into the bathroom contemplating me on my knees.

"Wow, are you trying to tell me something?"

I turn presenting a nice front as well as back view.  "No, I'm multi-tasking.  Why?"

He pauses for a moment, sighs and replies, "Do you want me to turn on the water yet?

He doesn't say a word when I walk by in a bra and pants because I don't want to get hair dye on my favorite shirt.


Love isn't about roses, or flowers, or chocolate.  It is the little things in life that connect you together. All those little experiences, that when you look back a few years later tie up into a beautiful fabric called Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment