Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New Shoes, New Adventure-I think?

 Low visibility at the ski slopes brought me home early.  I hate not exercising, also wanting to enjoy the snow.  Aha!  My snowshoes, why not take an adventure back in the woods with my new shoes?

Signs I may not be ready?
First I have to have my son show me how to size them, they blew away off the shoes as I tried to put them on outside.

Then I almost fall down the front steps into the snowy day.

I round the house, making my way up in the forest, enjoying the quiet.  The wind making the trees knock against each other, a few birds from my bird feeder following me, explaining that the seed is almost gone.


I spend some time walking up hill, wondering how people run in these.  My heart racing, sweating.

Then I stop.  Wait a minute, which way was the house?

Don't panic.

Take inventory.
Check iPhone - almost full charge.  Good, rescue can call me. Conserve your battery life.

Oh wait, I'll just use Find My iPhone for them to find me!

I'm so smart.

Have the Darwin moment when I realize that I could "just follow my footsteps back" as I hear someone yelling,

"Mom, I see you!"

Next adventure on the snowshoes will involve bread crumbs the birds don't like or

perhaps,

an established trail?

1 comment:

  1. You should probably wear a helmet for that sport too! Glad you found your way home. Love you.

    ReplyDelete