Monday, January 26, 2015

All I Need to Be Happy

The list has gone from very complex and long, to simple and peaceful.

Warm bacon fresh from the frying pan.
Snuggling with a baby smelling that fresh baby scent.
A nice back hug from my husband
Running on a snowy day.
A really great glass of red wine
Time with my sisters
Finding a spot next to a creek on a lazy summer day
Waking up late on a Sunday morning because there is nothing planned.
That feeling when you can be there for someone
Sitting outside in front of a fire wrapped in blankets
Getting to the best part of the book and there's still pages left.
When my writing clicks and I feel the story.
Thinking about my boys
That song that makes you feel it
Frankincense
A really good belly laugh
The smell of a new journal
Learning something new
Watching my bird feeders
Soft buttery filet mignon with a blue cheese sauce
Finishing an endurance race - yes, that rockstar feeling
Hitting a groove skiing where everything becomes automatic
Powder days, of course
Standing on top of the world experiencing God's majesty
Yoga

Happiness cannot be touched, don't tie it up in things.

No comments:

Post a Comment