Friday, September 20, 2013

WTF - What the Friday - A Banana Slicer>?

Yes, behold, the Hutzler Banana Slicer, the newest gadget I must add to my kitchen!


At first I thought it was a joke, because I misread it to read Hustler Banana Slicer and my mind immediately went to that poor dude, what's his name, the Bobbitt who had the banana slicer or a device like it used on his banana.

So here's my take on a banana slicer.

It is billed as a fast way to slice banana - no go with me, because you still have to peel the banana so if it doesn't come with a banana peeler I'm not buying.

Looks like the banana can only go one way on the slicer.  What about left handed banana slicers?  Those poor people could lose fingers with this item.

Then I thought, all of my gadgets have multi-uses, so what about the banana slicer?

The perfect threat to my boys keeping them in line - simply show them the banana slicer and leave it at that - their imaginations are better than anything I could say.

We could slicer Weiners with it - not the congressman, but family weiners.  Granted the slicer kind of leans a little to the right, we'll just have to palpitate the weiner until it fits in the slicer, then it should work nicely.

The slicer would also work well on Bratwurst, the only problem is if it gets too hot it could spew hot juice on the slicee and cause burns.

Now this slicer is billed as the better banana slicer?  I'm thinking that it is designed to lure bananas by looking like a vagina, so it can slice them.  Too dangerous in my house.

Finally the MacDaddy of Banana Slicers - this could turn any male in your household fifty shades of pale.  BUT it not only slices bananas but eggs, apples, pears and of course small fingers and toes.

Better yet, just use a normal household items, like my children when they were younger.  Did you know you already had a banana slicer in your home?  Just open and close the CD holder while holding a banana in it - perfect slices every time.  Luckily the jamming warning kept it from slicing any other bananas in our household.

Would you add the Hutzler Banana Slicer to your drawer of kitchen gadgets?

No comments:

Post a Comment