Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hi, I'm the Underwear Drawer


Hi, I’m a leftover gobstopper, I’ve been living in the corner of Max’s underwear drawer for two years now.  There’s been a lot of visitors to our drawer, friends that come and go.  I guess being wedged into the corner makes me a veteran of the drawer.  As many times as the drawer has fallen to the floor, you’d think I’d end up with Gatorade bottle under the bed.  But some part of me is stuck in this place.  Me and the pair of Spongebob underwear shoved all the way in the back.  He’s been there so long he just talks to himself in the other corner, something about looking for his starfish.

Ham sandwich lasted a little while in the drawer.  He was a messy type of friend, very funny and full of mustard.  He acted like he was King of the drawer until everyone in here agreed that his attitude stunk.  Then everything about him stunk until finally Mom intervened.  Someone said his life became trash after that.

Boy Scout belt has always been a help in the drawer.  He always has an answer for everything  He doesn’t travel much, sometimes he whispers to me that he feels forgotten.  He’s been used as a collar for the dog, and a way to hang from the bannister.  We think there is a different purpose for him, but none of us can really figure it out.

Kayla’s picture is very sweet.  She’s a veteran like me, sitting in here over year.  She tells me about Max’s classroom and how she sat in his desk.  On the back is the note, Hi Max.   She also told me about how she used to break his crayons to get his attention.  Now they are in different classes and she only knows the inside of the drawer like me.

Dino has been there almost as long as Spongebob.  He moves around the inside of the drawer throwing his weight around acting like the tough guy.  The one time he fell out onto the floor, the tough guy turned into a wimp.  Luckily he was picked back up and thrown into the drawer, now he hides when the drawer opens.  You’d think he was afraid of becoming extinct or something.

Me, I’m the sweet one.  I may see tough or hard on the outside, but I'm just sweet on the inside.  Call me hard headed at times, but since I’m the veteran I help the newcomers to the drawer.  Bandaid, he’s not been here long, since he's a Transformer bandaid, we have the feeling he's here for the long haul.  And screwdriver, he’s never been sure exactly why he’s there.  Socks are the crazy ones, almost kind of schizophrenic, they spend most of their time talking to themselves about some long lost relative.

The only one I am unsure about is Bazooka, he’s seems to be full of hot air.

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever with these words ... love this! And just redid my drawers myself ... found a few things back there that needed to be packed far far away xxxx

    ReplyDelete