Monday, June 4, 2012

Today I blew it....

And frankly was glad about it.

I ate Cookie Crisp for breakfast
Washed it down with a big glass of orange juice.
Finishing it with a handful of goldfish while packing school lunches.

I gave myself the opportunity to re-read my favorite parts of a book
while stuffing my face with Fishers Caramel Popcorn.
I tried my hand at writing something different
Then didn't think twice about throwing it away.

I read through all the blogs I've been saving,
Posted comments to a few.
Then went back as someone else 
And had a little fun.

I did all the things I wasn't supposed to do
Eat junk, drink wine, read romance
Because one affects the hips, another the head, the last the heart.
I figured that one day wouldn't hurt.

But I felt guilty so the last ten minutes
Before I went to sleep,
I drank several glasses of water,
Pulled out my nonfiction book,
and cut up a piece of fruit.

Sigh

If you could cheat for a day, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment