Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I am a writer


I am a writer
I write because I want to write
I write to be heard in that great chorus of life
I write because it makes me stand out
It makes me, well, me.
I don’t write to impress,
I write to impart.
Sometimes I may not write well,
Sometimes I crack myself up,
Sometimes I am actually moved to tears,
Sometimes I have to stop because I am actually sweating
Sometimes I have to say what no one else wants to say,
I have to open that can of worms, of whoop ass, of shit
Because when it hits the page it becomes real

Everyone has to deal with it.
Days I will write until there is nothing left,
I gave it all to the page.
I find joy in my writing
Each and every piece I write is a piece of me.
When I write I feel peace
Because I am doing what I am supposed to do.
Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment