Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trigger Fish Piccata - They Actually Ate It

I've been lucky with my boys, they're open to trying anything new, so when I came home with Trigger Fish, they looked at it, looked at me and said, "What are you going to do with it?"

That was a good question.  Trigger fish is a dense fish that doesn't flake easily, making it a good candidate for the grill.  But it was pouring outside so I decided standing out the rain was not a good idea, my boys love the combination of lemon and garlic so I decided to do my take on Piccata.

2 large filets of Trigger Fish
1/2 pound of butter (never said it'd be totally healthy)
1 clove of garlic
1 lemon
1/4 cup of white wine
capers.

Take half of the butter and melt it in a frying pan, lightly dust the fish with salt and pepper and saute in the pan until a golden brown, turn the fish and finish cooking the other side until brown and the fish is cooked through.  Remove the fish and set aside.

In the pan add the last of the butter, the garlic and onions.  Saute for 3 minutes then add the wine, cook until the sauce gains a nice consistency finishing with the capers.  Add the fish and warm on both sides.

Transfer fish to dish and drizzle with sauce.

This fish had the taste of lobster which worked well with the butter, lemon and garlic of the piccata sauce.  Add a tossed salad, some steamed green beans and everyone's happy.  Especially if it's followed by ice cream sandwiches.

Have you tried trigger fish?

No comments:

Post a Comment