Sunday, May 20, 2012

"What do you do?"


What a loaded question as I stand with another friend at a pottery show on a beautiful Spring day.  What do you I do?

I inspire, I see so many beautiful talents in my family and friends, that I do everything I can to inspire them to run with it (get it? run with it?) to take that chance and put it out there.  I know first hand that it's hard to put it out there, and there will always be those that try to knock you down, but having people in my life that inspire me keeps me going, keeps me out there-inspiring.

I engage - I love being creative and watching as I engage people with something I created.  Be it good or bad, engagement means living, and living means loving and loving means, well, life.  My engagement is not inflamatory, it's because I find you interesting and I want to know more about you.

I educate - I love being assigned something I didn't know a word (get it a word) about and learning.  As I learn, I then turn around and help others learn.  I don't interject my opinions, my feelings, my emotions because that's not what I'm supposed to do, I teach, you create your own opinions, feelings, emotions.

I entertain - people are at their most beautiful when they laugh, did you know that?  Their faces soften, their eyes sparkle, all decorum is lost as they let themselves get lost in a moment.  Why do you write comedy?  Because I love to see that special moment in people, I love to see them laugh.

I persever - there's that moment when you think, "this is just too much.  It's much easier to quit, no one will know."  I push through those moments in life and continue down the road that I chose, knowing that I wouldn't forgive myself if I quit.

I do nothing, there are some things that should just be left alone, and let themselves play out.  Doing nothing can be the best gift you give someone, you can just be there and wait, wait until they come back to you or kiss them goodbye if they never do.

So that's a snapshot of what I do, oh wait, were you talking about work?

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and your friendship and your humor and love and laughter and all that stuff and totally think you should move to Fl ... but I am not doing board yoga with you because I will drown and die and that will not be fun ;)

    ReplyDelete