Tuesday, February 28, 2012

That was Then This is Now


Looking for my reading glasses again made me come up with some ways my life has changed since finally hitting that OVER 21 MARK!  You can always add your own to this growing list:


I used to walk into a room and forget why I went there, now I surf to a website and wonder why I went there.
We used to have girls night out where we talked about guys, now it’s girls night out and all we talk about is our different medications.
Used to be sunglasses found on top of the head, now it’s always reading glasses.
Sports bras were a necessity to hold everything in, now they’re a necessity to hold everything UP!
Children should be seen but not heard, now if I don't hear my children, I’m not worried.


Used to make wonderful creations in the kitchen, now it's searching for my reading glasses to see the back of the package for directions.
Don’t make me have to come over there, now it’s don’t make me have to get out of my chair.  (yes, I am getting slower)


My children used to scream for me from another room, now they TEXT me from another room.  (still doesn't work)
It used to be “honey, I have a headache,” now it’s “honey, it’s past my bedtime.”


Used to be........ as the drug of choice, now it's coffee, the only thing safe enough for my system AND will keep me awake.
People used to live vicariously through me, now I live vicariously through reality TV Shows.
I used to make my children nap, now I explain to peopled, “Thomas Jefferson took a nap every day,” as I fall asleep in my chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment