Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Mother's Morning!


Mother's are up early not to get the house together but to enjoy that 15 minutes of quiet with a HOT cup of coffee before the day begins. This morning was no different, except that I didn't get that 15 minutes.

My boys are lucky I love them, the dog, well, that's she's cute. I come downstairs to a nice pile of poo with the dog following me. She passes it like it's nothing simply looking back at me like, "lady it stinks in here, can you clean that up?"

The boys who are supposed to be sleeping are up early and explain that we need to leave the door open to let the fresh air in and give Shawnee a place to go. So the door goes open as they discuss things like, "should mommy make french toast? eggs? bacon?" I'm thinking captain crunch or pop tarts.

All hell breaks loose when a bird flies in through the open door, all while the illustrious dog is sitting there standing guard. i go to get a broom, the boys start screaming, "don't kill the bird!" Honestly, like i'd kill a bird. "IT'S POOPED! LOOK! IT'S POOPED!" I'm thinking now about killing the bird. It doesn't help that the dog is jumping on me barking, probably trying to save the bird too, (it understands when you gotta go you gotta go)while i'm trying to coax it back out the door.

Once the bird is safely outside again, and the door shut, I'm counting the minutes to the bus. (what! 45 minutes? It's only....) My youngest decides that he's taking a live moth to school, they are learning about moths, right? We chase a few moths (the door was open for a while) and get one in a cup. The oldest informs the youngest that he's touched the moth, therefore the moth cannot fly, so he's KILLED a moth. The drama of the bird is moved to the drama of how he could save the moth, what he could possibly do, why oh why did he kill the moth followed by, "But can i still take it to school?"

After French Toast and brushed teeth, and arguments on what to put in the lunch box, "No, honey Fruit Rollups, and nerds do not constitute lunch, let's add a few carrots and maybe a Pediasure?" They are waiting for the bus. The bus driver asks what's in the cup as the youngest boards, looks at me with with my hair standing on end (no live animals on the bus) and says, "Give it to me, I'll hold it until we get to school."

Wow, coffee's burnt, workout already in, and two kids off to school. What will I do when school's out?

No comments:

Post a Comment