Thursday, February 3, 2011

There's something about a quiet house.......

I can lay there in bed and talk myself into the extra 30 minutes of extra sleep from 430a to 5am but honestly, I tell myself, all I'll be doing is lying there thinking of all the things I have to do then trying to talk myself into sleep so might as well get up.  There's something about a quiet house......

A quiet house is so full of promise, it brings me peace to sit with a cup of coffee, and yes the computer and think about the sounds I don't hear in my quiet house.  The quiet holds so much promise, the black of night waiting patiently as I do for the dawning of a new day, the quiet painting of the sky as the Earth slowly opens her eyes.  If each day is a gift, the quiet of my house is that night before my birthday, I know something good is coming it's just a waiting game for everything to happen.

A quiet house reminds me of who I am, I remember sitting up at this time holding a baby listening to him breathe, I remember pacing at this time many worries on my mind, I remember the times of inspiration and getting up before it left never to be found again.  Then there's the time like these, where I can sit and ponder the quiet, I can accept what I may not want to accept, I can plan for that bright and beautiful day before the color hits the sky.  Take that dark night and tuck it away, let alone the things I didn't do, couldn't get done and let them drift away with the dark sky.

This quiet house soon will be full of the noise of arguing, drawers opening, dog nails on the wooden floor, toilets flushing, showers running, all the things that make life what it is.  For these last few moments, though I'll enjoy that cup of coffee, enjoy this time that gives me peace, and wait in quiet anticipation for opening my beautiful gift that is today!

What do  you do when the house is quiet?

No comments:

Post a Comment