Wednesday, October 15, 2014

How To Survive PMS

Premenstrual System.  There I said it.  When it hits, it hits hard.  But there is a way to cope with it.

Being together for such a long period of time usually they can sense it the minute we get up.  Here's a few ways to cope with it.

Don't say a word.  Because whatever you say - YOU WILL BE WRONG!  Even if it is right, at that moment you are so very wrong.  Wrong enough to cause red hot fire to exit my mouth as I explain why.

For example, usual phrases take on deadly meaning when spoken during what should be PMS silence:
"Good morning" translates to "We've been waiting too long for you."

"I've never seen that outfit before" translates to "how can that make your ass look so big."

I am always right.  And yes, those Milano cookies do not have calories when I have PMS, so don't even raise an eyebrow as I saunter past carrying the bag, because you will be wrong!

I love my filter, meaning I say what is on my mind, and sometimes that may include listing faults - not my own but everyone else's.  Again, heed the keep your mouth shut rule, I've just lost my filter for a little bit, I'll find it shortly.

It is completely acceptable to see my crying uncontrollably because we do not have any dark chocolate in the house.  Go out and get some chocolate - winning!

Do not let me loose in the Dollar Store, the laundry detergent and dish detergent morphs to include Twinkies, Cheetos, Cheese Dip, and of course Skittles.

When I am talking about something totally irrational, don't problem solve.  Don't say a word.  Because eventually during my long discourse I will eventually solve a problem I never knew I had.

There you have it, it's easy to survive the PMS battle, your best bet:

Don't.  Say.  Anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment