Friday, June 27, 2014

WTF - Sibling Edition


Recently I watch my two sons get into a WWF showdown type of smack down over the last jawbreaker.  I also watched several people within sighting distance watch my two sons in horror.  So I'm asking, am I raising serial killers or when you were a kid did you:
Sibling Game Playing:

Older:  "Where's going to play the pillow fight game."
Younger, "Yay, that sounds like fun."
Older, "OK, you hit me first with your pillow."
Younger, "OK."  Light tap in brother's face.
Older then proceeds to smack the crap out of the younger.
Older, "OK, now it's your turn again."
Younger, "Uhhhh."


I played the "Slap" game with my siblings.  This was a game in the car where we would slap each other's exposed thighs and who ever screamed lost.  Mainly because this was on long car rides and the child screaming not only lost but got the car pulled over and well, you know what came next.

Sibling Sharing.

Older:  "There's one brownie left.  Do you want it?"  Proceeds to spit on it.
Younger, "Uh, no thanks."

Sibling exercise program

Younger goes and flicks (we called it plucks) the Older's head.  He then runs as fast as he can from mad chasing sibling until he is worn out and caught.  Wrestling then ensues.

Bathroom Rules:

When someone has to go to the bathroom, some like the World Championship 100 foot race ensues, whoever gets in their first, then locks and door and hangs out-for a very long time.

Sibling Boundaries

If sharing a room, the masking tape goes down the middle.  The younger has one side, the older then says, "If you cross into my territory then I'll have to beat you up/"

The younger looks around at how the room is divided, "But I have to cross your territory to get out?"
The older smiles.

Sibling Negotiation

Younger nursing a goose bump on his head.
Older: "You don't need to tell Mom, you are fine."
Younger, "But I'm picking rocks out of my head. Why did you push me down the hill on the tricycle."
Older, "It's your fault.  You didn't hold on.  I'm going to tell on you."
Younger, pauses.  "Oh OK, I won't tell.  I don't want to get into trouble."

Finally one of my favorites:

The older is finally enjoying a quiet moment on the couch, watching Spongebob, of course.
The younger come and sits next to him.  
Doesn't watch the TV, just stares at him.
I watch from the kitchen mesmerized.
The older ignores the younger, continues to watch the television.  The younger doesn't move.
The tension in the room increases.
The younger is frozen, like a statue, watching the older.
The older finally can't take it anymore and looks at his brother.
All the younger does is smile.
The older then proceeds to wrestle with him.

When I am asked later by the younger why his brother wrestled him, I reply, "You're really asking?

Oh, the joys of family.  Hopefully the therapy bills won't be too expensive for both them AND me.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE those boys ... and i can just picture you watching them ;)

    ReplyDelete