Friday, November 8, 2013

WTF - What the Friday...Passwords

I did not realize that terrorists were threatening our electric power bill payment system, because it's harder to pay my electric bill than it is to sign into my checking account.



Computer:  "I'm sorry, you must change your password every 3 months."
Me:  "Why, I'll never remember it.  OK let me us the other one I always use."
Computer:  "I'm sorry, you must use a password that include an anagram of the word 'DUKE POWER' atleast three numbers AND one capital letter."
Me:  "OK, here ya go."

Three days later, I receive a notice that I need to pay my electric bill.  Didn't I pay that earlier?

Computer:  "I'm sorry, you changed your password two days ago, please enter new one."
Me:  "Hmm, which account is this, what did I use?"
Computer:  "Would you like a security question?"
Me:  "Yes, ask me a question then let me in to pay my bill."
Computer, "Your security question is, you changed your password two days ago, do you remember what it is?"
Me: "No, that's why I am trying the security question."
COmputer: "Passwords include anagrams of DUKE POWER three numbers and one uppercase letter, now do you remember your password?"
ME: "WTH?"

Put on my thinking cap,
ME:  "Is my password PestKUDE11K0?"
Computer:  "Nope but that's a pretty good password."

Me, thinking maybe I was drinking wine when I changed the password because that changes the possibilities.

ME:  "Is my password Ih8teDUKEp0w3r?"
Computer:  "No, that is not your password, you changed it three days ago?"
ME:  "Is my password DUKEPOWERSUX99TIMES?"

Computer:  "That's not funny, you have been locked out of the system please call our 800 number to reset your password and pay your bill.

Me, dialing 1-800-H8T-DUKE

DUKE POWER:  "Welcome to Duke Power please enter your password using your phone keypad to continue."

Somewhere, some terrorist is sitting at a computer laughed, "Darryl, we will take over the world one electric company bill at a time!  Soon everyone will have NO POWER!  BUWAHAHAHA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment