Sunday, May 26, 2013

Don't MAKE me come over there! - Why I chose to have kids...

Children are a blessing.  They teach us so many important things.  Here's a few on my list:

I really wanted to see how long I could go without sleep.

I wanted to let go of my ego - childbirth - you completely let go of worrying about what ANYONE thinks about you.

I wanted an excuse to wear yoga pants.



I needed to learn how to multi-task - specifically with as many things happening at once as possible.

I needed someone to argue with besides the voices in my head.

I needed an excuse to eat Oreos, Fruit Rollups, Twinkies and Birthday Cake Ice Cream.

I wanted to go to Disney movies and not look like a pedophile.

I needed to hone my cooking skills, specifically how quickly I can make a meal with as few ingredients as possible.

I needed an excuse to let my body go to shit.  Somebody told me you'd get bigger boobs, not that they'd end up longer not bigger.

I needed a lesson in patience - rather, I needed to learn how much patience I actually have.

I need to learn how to not kill people - my kids kept me from becoming a serial killer.

They don't let women in combat, so I decided to create my own front line.

I didn't have a thesaurus - so now I have learned the many creative ways to say "butt" and "poop" and "stupid.".

I needed more mental challenge - especially trying to figure out the "why" in the "it sounded like a good idea" adventures.

I needed to add more sprints to my running workout - from chasing a toddler, to chasing a tweenie who just made a really bad decision.

I wanted to become immortal and the Fountain of Youth was just a myth.

The making the kids part - well, that was pretty cool.  Somebody should have explained the end result a little better.

What made you create your minions?


3 comments:

  1. I dont even have the excuse of a moment of passion. I adopted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother in law and his family after 7 years just got their daughter from China on Monday "Gotcha Day" Praise to those Moms who kids grow in their hearts!!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful...girls from China need parents. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete