Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hiding behind our pictures

Ya'll seen plenty of pictures of my feet, I hide behind those feet because it's much more fun to be open when there's just feet showing then when a picture of my smiling mug is showing.

I've watched people change profile pictures to encompass children, pets, flowers, trees, anything under the sun.  I value my feet because they've taken me everything where with only a few complaints, or blisters, or bunions along the road.

Periodically, there's a change in profile pictures that causes a slight case of stalking in my case.  I watched one "friend" on Facebook change his profile picture to a well, ahem incredible picture.  He went from the abstract to a "me" picture.  Hence a bit of stalking, does someone this cosmopolitan call Winston Salem home?  Is this the real picture or is it just like my uncle that picked a picture of a favorite celebrity to call his profile picture.  So stalking I go, and when looking at the other pictures I find more of the same and begin to believe that maybe this is in fact his profile picture.  A noise behind me causes me to turn quickly feeling guilty a little like looking through that hole at the construction site and getting a finger in the eye.  I move away from the profile telling myself to keep my lid on and move on down the newsfeed on my site, but I move one more time over the picture before putting it quickly to rest.

Do you stalk people on Facebook when they become your friend, do you look through their pictures?  What do you think about people looking through your pictures and you don't know it?  I have nothing to hide, just quite a few feet pictures that may make people smile.

Oh wait, someone else just changed their picture......who's that?  Let me go and look at their pictures........

No comments:

Post a Comment