Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My PERFECT day!

Tomorrow will be a perfect day!


I’ll wake up tomorrow morning EARLY enough to make my wonderful family and healthy and wholesome breakfast of whole grain pancakes, turfurky bacon, AND some fresh organic fruit. While they eat and talk about everything they are excited to learn that day, I’ll put the finishing touches on 26 cupcakes made with my own homemade cake mix and then frosted with my personal frosting system for each letter of the alphabet. I include a few more cupcakes spelling out Old Richmond Elementary for the teachers lounge because we “appreciate” our teachers.

Arriving at school ON TIME, I have plenty of time to walk my boys to their classroom, delivering said cupcakes along with all the fundraising orders totaled, collected and alphabetized to help the teacher. On my way out, I stop by the office and take a minute to stuff all the take home packets for several teachers before leaving into the sunshine of the day.

I make it to my gym class early and have time to setup my bike correctly, get cold water for my bottle and stop and talk with the instructors about the proper way to do a sit up. After the gym, I’m home with plenty of time to clean the house, dust the bookshelves, clean the baseboards, collect all the money sitting in the couch AND make that batch of cookies to greet the boys when they come home from school. The bus drops them off 10 minutes late so I have PLENTY of time to sort the laundry and fold them neatly in everyone’s drawers.

The boys are home excited about their day at school. They tell me, “No Mom, we have it. Our teachers told us that we need to work on our homework by ourselves. We’ll fix ourselves a snack and sit at our desks and finish our work.” As they do their homework, I’m sorting through the paperwork – check for school pictures, early….chocolate needed for teacher gift basket-got it…

The uniforms are sitting on hangers by the door as the boys prepare for cubscouts. They cubscout books are waiting to go, the badges completed sorted and color coded according to earned, halfway through earning, on the list to earn. The scout meeting turns out is a den meeting but I’ve still got leftover cupcakes from school with a trip to the grocery store before the boys came home from school and left the bag of Cheezits sitting in the trunk.

Once home, the husband is there to kiss my cheeks-complimenting me on such a job well done on my day, he asks if there is anything he can do to help with putting the boys to bed as they take all their homework packing up their backpacks and making their lunches for the morning. They all go up and go to bed without a single, “Are you coming up?” or the 15 goodnights before they fall asleep. I sit with a good glass of wine and Criminal Minds is featuring a story all about Shemar Moore with a surprise visit by Vin Diesel. I go up and my toothbrush is charged, there’s still toothpaste in the tube AND there’s no sleeping pill needed as my head hits the pillow for some blissful slumber.

I wake at 430am, “Shit, it was just a dream.”

No comments:

Post a Comment