Thursday, September 23, 2010

How a Marriage Works

Jeff and I were talking last night and he asked me, "How many years have we been married?"  Silence......

Funny story about how our marriage works.  Jeff hates it when I waste money in wasting food.  So I bought a whole chicken with the intentions of cooking a gourmet meal for us (lemon, tyme, stuffing all the fixins) but I put the chicken in the bottom drawer of the fridge and promptly forgot about it.  (when's the last time YOU looked in the bottom drawer of your fridge) So a couple of weeks go by and I realize I forgot about the chicken by the smell.  What to do?  Rather than fess up, I go and bury the chicken in the bottom of the trash can and set them out for pickup.  Done deal, lecture averted right?

No, the next morning, we're getting ready and I'm shocked to see my husband running through the house in a business suit with two large white trashbags going up each arm.
"What's going on?"
He stops for a second, "You're not gonna believe this, but there's a raw chicken sitting in our front yard!"
I don't even pause, "How'd that get there?"
He walks out the door, "I don't know but I gotta get it before they think we're into some voodoo shit!"

So there you have it, a great way to keep your marriage happy.......ok, I fessed up as he came back in, but I couldn't help laughing through my confession.  Voodoo shit?  "Those Melangs, you know they've got raw chickens and I swear I smell incense....."

I didn't end up in the dog house by not knowing how many years of bliss, we settled on "a long time" last night as our anniversary approaches, I guess I've got to get out the invitation to count the years.  That's the secret, rolling with the punches and laughing!  Have you ever found a chicken in YOUR front yard?

2 comments:

  1. Think you should set up a little chanting ring, the boys would SO get into it :)
    Tas misses her band ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I hate the whole wasting food thing too! But am VERY guilty, didn't even know there was a bottom drawer in my fridge, I'd better go look and see what's in it!

    ReplyDelete