Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ever had one of those days you almost got arrested?

No, I’m not talking about the perfect day in a Mom, when you wake and feel like you actually slept the night, when your children come down completely dressed and ready for school (complete with shoes on their feet), then you get many complimentary emails, beautiful comments from your friends on Facebook and dinner plans that sounds pretty simple.


No, my day was what my children like to call, “opposite day” where rather than the usual relaxing cup of coffee, the Nazi General was out as everyone overslept and I was the only person with the bus on their mind. Kids and hubby ran around like Keystone Cops (man, I’m dating myself) and miracle enough everyone got out of time and I was alone with my thoughts.

I had an agenda on my mind. First get the checks at home into the bank. Drive down Reynolda Road and make it to the bank, but alas, I race through the drive thru at 50 miles per hour, the teller looking at me strangely as I try to mouth, “I forgot the checks!” Back down Reynolda road home picking up the checks. Almost to the bank, I realize I picked up the wrong purse and now with louder curse words to another surprised customer in the parking lot head home again, I wonder why the tell called the manager as she deposits my checks on my third trip to the bank.

Finally home, I get back to my emails and find a few “groans”, you know those emails, the ones you see hit your inbox and you immediately groan before opening. (the good ones that say, NAME OF BILL OPEN IMMEDIATELY or WHY HAVEN"T YOU CALLED YOUR SISTER or VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES NEED ANSWER) Before I can reply, instant message box pops up on Facebook, the cursor blinking-if I leave it alone will it show that I am sleeping? Probably not because I just posted something 1 second ago and someone has already “liked” it!

Two more checks hit the mailbox and I want them in the bank before 2p, time to race Reynolda Road. Just as I am trying to get out of the house, the dog proudly prances in the house after having a blast rolling through some stinky smelling dog shit in the back yard. What to do? I need to make it to the bank, the dog smells like shit so I throw her in the bathroom and shut the door, she can’t spread her joy around the house until I get home.

This time as I go through the drive through of the bank, I notice a police car sitting in the parking lot. Is it because I’ve been driving up and down Reynolda Road and past the bank several times that someone called about “a potential robber casing the joint?” Luckily, I’m not pulled and frisked in front of the bank, a stop at the grocery store reveals that I don’t have my debit card so it’s back home again jiggity jig!

Finally home, I’m lucky enough the dog is small and fits in the sink, she snorts, indignant that I had the gall to wash that LOVELY smelling perfume off of her hair. Oh wait, it’s only 2pm and who just popped up on instant chat on Facebook? Groan!

1 comment:

  1. You got a dog?
    At least you had been arrested, you would have been alone in a peaceful cell ....

    ReplyDelete