Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I can still remember the words to THAT song!

I've had the pleasure of hanging with 3 kids (two of my own) for the last days of summer break.  Surprisingly, we've had a blast, I'm not ready to drive by the school and kick them out of the car!  Funny thing about hanging in the car traveling to different places.  These kids surprise me in that they know all the words to Soul Sister by Train, Ok, well almost all the words.

We're listening to KISS (ugh, really?  Who really wants to be a Billionaire?)  and as each song comes on two of the kids are singing with it!  When did they hear those songs?  Hear them long enough to know ALL the words? Were they secretly listening to the radio while I thought they were READING?  (Honestly, who really read all summer?) 

So two of them are singing the song, while the third (my youngest) is trying his best to keep up.  He's making up words, sort of humming/singing until he gets to a part he knows then he belts it out, "Hey soul sister...."

I remember those days of summer, hanging with your friends listening to the radio (we didn't have ipods) and singing songs.  In honor of those little voices in the back of my car, here's a few of my screw ups when singing songs:

When he walked into the room, there was poo poo in the bag.  (correct:  When he walked into the room there was voodoo in the air.
Country Roads, take me home, to the place that I LUUUVV, West Virginia, mount your momma, take me home.
I dug my key into the side, Of his pretty little souped-up ALLwheel drive  (the Mom side of me showing supposed to be 4 wheel drive)


So we're off in the car again, I'll listen to them and see if they come up with any other good ones!  Sad to say, I'm still singing along with my songs, now on OLDIES station but still remember ALL THE WORDS!!

What's your favorite song?

No comments:

Post a Comment