Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Do you follow directions?


So it’s been a week of decompressing from our great trip in the RV. I got to sit with some friends who’ve done many of the trips before. It was a hilarious and education experience.

“How do you do it, traveling from Florida to Canada and bring all that stuff with you?” I ask.
“What stuff?”
“You know dishes, linens, towels all that other stuff?”
They look at me strange, “Why didn’t you get the kitchen kit and the bedding kit?”
“Kit?”
“Yeah, you can order all the dishes, pots and pans, sheets, towels all that stuff and it’s in the RV waiting for you when you pick it up.”

I pause for a minute remembering how to cook on my one pan with plastic forks that kept melting when I tried to turn the bacon, a kitchen kit would’ve been pretty handy. “Didn’t know you could get a kitchen kit.”
They then ask the infamous question, “Did you watch the orientation video?”

All I needed to do was fart because I felt like a real smacked ass. Watch the orientation video? Who has time to watch the orientation video? I was busy bouncing around the house in excitement with the boys! Get two boys and one Mom to sit still and watch a video as it buffers in the computer! Naw, we just went right ahead with our one pan and 4 plastic cups! And you know what, it worked out!

We had some great meals in very interesting places (3 building Little Switzerland comes to mind) we got to realize that we did miss Daddy’s home cooked meals, we bonded as we lived off of lunchables and smores for dessert. Of course, had I received a facebook message or email about wanting the kitchen kit, I’d probably be all over that one!


Ever had an experience where you forget to plan something and something wonderful happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment