Thursday, January 7, 2016

What Happens On The Chairlift, Stays on The Chairlift.

Here's an excerpt from my book Views From 5506 about what NOT to say in the chairlift. Thought I would share this part based on my experiences today!

"On one of my chairlift rides to the top, a very sweet old man jumped on the chair next to me, as we were riding up, looked at me with a wicked smile and said, “Is it windy today or are you just blowing me away?”

Ugh.

You may plan on coming to a ski resort and meeting the love of your life, I thought I’d share with you how to scare them away.

Stare at the person next to you without saying a word, the entire ride from the bottom to the top.

Ask if the guy next to you has eaten or needs money. The worn out, almost in tatters ski gear look is a local “ain’t nobody got time for matching” clothes, that’s usually the tourists."

***

I realized today that MAYBE I am getting a little older because my chairlift today conversation included:

"I think I broke my....."

"So really did those hormone pills work for you?  Did it tighten everything back up?"

"Yeah, I've found if you open the window the cold air at night keeps the hot flashes away."

"Swingers?  Who has the time or energy to be a Swinger?"

"I thought about cross country skiing, but man, that looks like way too much work!

"This year he ACTUALLY was up to kiss me on New Years Eve, those 5 Hour Energies really work!"

Maybe today I'll get back to skiing and talking about skiing, but I really wanted to get that recipe for Prune Juice Smoothie, and someone promised me they'd write down that doctor's name.

Thinking of a funny read?  How about Views From 5506?  
You can order it from Amazon HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment