Friday, March 6, 2015

Multitasking - That Grey Area Style

I have been come a queen.  Sure, I got a crown yesterday.  But this is different.  I have become a queen at multitasking.  I quit the real multitasking a long time ago, forgoing being able to juggle volunteering, working, taking care of kids, playing with my honey, writing at the same time.  Oh wait, I still do that.  This is my new version of multitasking:

I can actually make it through a story on the internet on the toilet.  Surprising?  Yes!  My children are now old enough that a shut bathroom door means privacy.  Well, sometimes.  And I am saying a blog post, and a typical blog post is 250 words or less.

I've come to love my elliptical.  I can get all of my work done on my computer while sweating off the wine from the night before.  Wait, did I say there was wine from the night before?

I can talk to my friends in several ways at once.  They will instant message me on Facebook, then while I am talking to them on Facebook (sending my very hysterical emojis thank you very much) that will also start sending me text messages.  I can keep both of these separate conversations going at once and actually make sense - except for autocorrect, that worthless piece of shirt.

I can write this blog post and surf the internet at one time.  Because while I am writing this blog post my Facebook is buzzing with those instant messages while my phone is telling me those same people have something different to say.

I can think of something funny to say while looking up a funny picture on the internet to post as a comment.  Because, we always know that people "like" pictures so much better than words.

I can be cooking a meal, drinking a glass of wine and listening to what someone is saying to me.  Ok, let's be honest I can only do two of those things at one time.

I can be thinking of a story while, well, never mind.  Since I write romance novels, I'll leave the rest up to you.

How do you do the new multitasking?

No comments:

Post a Comment